Tuesday 28 April 2015

~ANZAC~day~commemorations~

What have you learnt about WW1 and Gallipoli?

I have found learning about WW1 and Gallipoli very interesting. I learnt so much stuff. Because when I used to think about WW1(which I did not very often), I would picture in my mind that war looked like a dirty, loud big pice of flat land that had barbed wire in-between each side trenches. But no. I have learnt that WW1 is not like that. It is a great tragedy that should never happened.

Another thing that I learnt was that, to my surprise, that ANZACs went to Egypt before they went to fight at Gallipoli.

And I learnt that the point that the ANZACs were supposed to reach on the first day was never reached in the whole Gallipoli tragedy.




Did you attend any of the ANZAC day events?

Yes I did. I went to the Light and sound show that was in town at then new memorial park! I f did not go you missed out sooooo much. It was really good, but at the same time really loud!



I think it is a very good idea to remember these event especially as so many young men lost their life fighting for the world we live in today to be peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment