Sunday 11 October 2015

Nationals - Gymnastics, not swimming!!


In the Holidays…. 

I was selected to represent Wellington at the Gymnastics Nationals in Auckland. The nationals is where all the top gymnasts from areas around Nz are selected to compete against each other. There were even people from Aussie there!!!

The stadium at the nationals was MASSIVE. It had the boys and girls gymnastics, Trampolining, Rhythmic and Aerobics.

I competed with 9 other wellington representatives for Woman's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG). Our competing order was:
Beam ---------- (12.4/15)
Floor----------- (13.4/15)
Vault ---------- (12.45/15)
Bar ------------  (12.1/15 I fell)

My best Apparatus is bar, then floor and the beam and vault. Unfortunately I fell on Bar, but I stuck beam and I thought it was nice, and my vault was OK. my floor was like my normal (quite Nice) floor, but the judges were waaaayyyy harsher than normal judges so I got a slightly lower score than normal.

Usually when being judged you would have 2-3 judges on a panel, but at nationals we had 5-6!!

Out of 72 I got somewhere in the middle. And in my Division (the Overs) I got 28th!!

5 comments: